Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Pineapple pub, Kentish Town

One of many cosy spots at The Pineapple
I love the fact that there's a pub called The Pineapple, and I'm please to report that this backstreet boozer is as endearing as its name.

I've only been there once when I needed somewhere to kill a couple of hours before a gig, but after taking advantage of their reasonable Thai dinner for a tenner deal, polishing off some beverages, and having a bit of good-natured banter with the locals, I was well and truly enamoured with the place.

It's a difficult pub to pigeonhole - I'd describe it as a really good local with an urban twist - but I would urge you to seek it out if you're ever in the area as it's just so bloomin' nice.

Cosy rating: 8/10 - The kind of place where you deliberately walk the long way round to the loos just so you can have a nose at all the little booths and original features. I also spied fireplaces.
Secret rating: 8/10 -  You'd be unlikely stumble across it. It was busy, but not heaving, on a Friday night. 
Best bits: There's something for everyone here, including a fortnightly Pop Up Market for creative types, and a decent range of ales (it recently won the CAMRA North London Pub of the Year prize).
Worst bits: I honestly can't think of any. It's totally charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment