Monday 18 June 2012

Albertine wine bar, Shepherds Bush

Perfect lighting at The Albertine wine bar (photo courtesy of Ming Tang-Evans)
I found the Albertine wine bar one nippy evening when I was searching for somewhere for a drink and a bite to eat before a gig nearby. It was the glowing reviews on the fantastic Qype app that encouraged me to step into what did indeed look like a very enchanting wine bar from the outside. 

It was everything I could have hoped for - low lighting, candles aplenty, wooden tables and a great wine and food menu.

It was the perfect start to a special evening, which somehow descended into drinking a pint of wine from a plastic glass (don't ask, it made sense at the time...!). I'm only sad that I'm rarely in this part of town, so I haven't been back since.

Cosy rating: 8/10 - candlelit tables just do it for me, and it was also lovely and warm.
Secret rating: 6/10 - think it's quite popular with BBC employees, as their office is just down the road, but they'll be gone in the not too distant future when they move to their new offices.
Best bits: The neighbourhood vibe and great sharing platters.
Worst bits: Not many small tables, so smaller groups may have to share a larger one with strangers (but this is a very minor criticism, it's actually quite nice being squished in, adds to the atmosphere).

No comments:

Post a Comment